Second in the series of baked version for kids, I made the most popular bread with my little one.My fussy little boy has issues with all purpose flour based dishes. While I secretly admire it but then it restricts me many a times.
I have practically given up on APF except for a hand ful recipes. Todays bread is the form of garlic sticks we get from Dominos. There are variations you could do like stuffing it with vegetables or cheese.
1 Portion of Pizza Dough (refer notes below)
1 tbsp mixed herbs of choice (oregano, basil, rosemary)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tspn crushed garlic
1 tspn chilly flakes
1) Roll out the Pizza dough and let it sit aside for 20 min to rise.
2) Cream the butter with crushed garlic and later spread it on the pizza bread
3) Now fold over the flat bread. Lightly press the edges.
4) Brush some olive oil on top and sprinkle some herbs of choice. Also sprinkle crush chilly flakes
5) Using a sharp knife cut 1 inch strips across the length.
6) Bake it for 15 min at 200C in a preheated oven.
7) Brush with more butter and serve hote with cheese sauce or ketchup
For Pizza dough, you can mix up APF flour in 2:1 proportion with luke warm water. For every 200 gms of flour add about 7 gms or 1 tspn of active yeast , 1 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp Olive oil or butter. You can replace some flour with semolina or add 1 tspn of vital wheat gluten.
for pizza dough - Mix and set aside. After 20 min knead with all power. Rest for 30 min before using it.
1.5 cups Bread flour/ APF/ Maida
1 tspn dry active yeast
2 tbsp Olive oil
3/4 cup luke warm water
1 tbsp sugar
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68
Please link your Sep'16 Mega BM Day 17