These are different from the word go....they are not round and do not have any piece missing from their bodies...what they do have in abundance is flavor.
This is made of wholewheat flour, the goodness of coconut and are yet bread like. they crisp on the outside, soft in the middle and have crunchy bites of coconut. The cardamom and coconut makes it aromatic and flavorful.
So as part of our journey through the cuisines we are taking a short stop for a sweet bite...you can find the original source of this recipe here...
3 cups Whole wheat flour
8 tbsp demerara sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1 tspn cardamom powder
1 tspn ghee
1 tspn instant dry active yeast
a pinch of salt
Oil for deep frying
1) In a large basin, mix the flour with cardamom powder, ghee, salt and sugar.
2) Add the yeast and coconut milk and knead to make a semi stiff dough.
3) Cover and set aside for an hour or until it doubles
4) Heat the oil in a pan to medium hot temperature
5) Pinch small balls of lemon size.
6) Roll it out to a flat puri, cut it into 4 quarters and set them apart until you finish with the rest of the dough
7) Start frying the doughnuts a few at a time until golden brown in color
8) Drain and store in an air tight box after it cools down.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 63