Eating a cake for breakfast sounds close to having halwa puri or sheera in India...
This beautiful and light sponge cake with lemon flavor and glaze brings a refreshing twist to your mornings.
1 1/2 cup APF
2/3 cup fine semolina
1 tspn baking powder
1 pinch of baking soda
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
125 gm unsalted butter
1 tspn lemon juice
1 lemon's zest
for lemon icing
1 lemon's juice
2 tbsp icing sugar
1) Cream the butter and sugar. Gradually add the condensed milk and whip to make light mixture.
2) Now slowly add the milk in a steady stream while whipping with one hand. Use milk as much required to make a fluid state liquid. About 3/4 cup is required, if condensed milk is too thick, you may add more milk. Add the vanilla essence.
3) Now in a separate bowl, mix the flour, semolina, baking powder and baking soda
4) Mix the flours with the liquid and mix well. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well
5) Pour this batter into a 9 inch greased cake tin.
6) Bake for 40 min at 170 c or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
7) To make the icing, mix 2/3 cup water with lemon juice and icing sugar. Let it come to a boil. Remove and let it stand
8) When it cools down, make small holes in the cooled down cake using a tooth pick. Pour it over the cake.
Serve with a hot cup of tea
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56