Crackers have become my go to mid day snacks when at work. I particularly like the Britannia company's crackers. I do not think they are healthy though and what I make at home trying to emulate them does not come an inch closer to its taste, so I have a feeling there is a lot of butter going in it. Despite that I make mine and enjoy them when I dont compare it with other things.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup APF
1 tspn instant yeast
1 tspn flaxseed meal (soaked in 2 tbsp water for 10 min)
1 tspn flaxseed
1 tspn red paprika
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tspn salt
1 tspn black pepper
3/4 cup luke warm water
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tspn mixed italian herbs (optional)/ 1 tspn roasted cumin crushed
1) Mix the flours with salt, sugar and then rub in the oil.
2) Add the yeast, flaxseed meal to this and any other seasonings or herbs of your choice,
3) Next add the milk powder, and gradually add the luke warm water to make a soft dough. Use water as needed. Do not add a tspn more than mentioned above
4) Cover the dough and set aside for an hour
5) Roll out the dough in thin sheets and while doing so sprinkle, flaxseed, paprika and black pepper on top. I also sprinkle a little more granulated sugar on top at this stage
6) Cut the rolled out sheets in 2 by 2 inch squares or shapes of your choice. Cover and set them aside for 20 min.
7) In the mean time preheat the oven at 220c then reduce to 200c
8) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the crackers on top.
9) Bake for 7-8 min. After 5 min, brush with oil or butter to get a golden tan on the cookies if you like
Cool them down on wire rack and enjoy
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51