With the breads under your wing you can now start looking at baking some interesting everyday healthy cookies. The digestive biscuits are my new found fad which I like to munch on as much as possible, The fact that DH also loves it makes it easier to try them. I am sharing a basic recipe here today but I often play around with some small parts of the dough adding chocolate, cherries, orange, orange-chocolate flavors. You will do the same once you learn the basic. This one is relatively no fuss and almost foolproof recipe.
As we graduate into our third week of blogging marathon - fire up your ovens, I will share a lot more interesting cookie recipes...
175 gm wholemeal flour
25 gm medium/ coarsely ground oatmeal
1 tspn baking powder
75 gms butter
40 gms sugar/ soft brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1) Mix the flour and oatmeal and rub in salt and baking powder
2) Using your finger tips, rub the butter to form breadcrumbs like mixture
3) Add the sugar next and mix
4) Add milk a spoonful at a time and start binding a stiff dough
5) Roll out thin sheet and using a round cookie cutter cut into small cookies
6) Prick each using fork.
7) Bake in preheated oven on a greased baking sheet for 15-18 min at 200C.
Serve with a hot cup of tea...