With kid you create new dishes, and when with kids and on road you invent new ideas to create even more. One such handy dish has been the sandwich roll. It can be slightly tricky if you end up with a super fresh bread or an extra juicy filling. But if you dont mind a bit of mess then you wont need to make it picture perfect to enjoy this
This stays fresh and juicy for long hours, so good to pack for a road trip for a meal or quick bite
4 bread slices
1 cucumber peeled and grated
1 carrot grated
1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp tomato sauce (hot or regular)
1 tspn salt
1 tspn black pepper
1) Cut the sides of the bread slice.
2) Place one slice on a flat board, Roll it out with a rolling pin. Repeat with the other slices.
3) Now, join the two slices at the edge by running a finger dipped in water on one edge. Place the other side on top and gently press it.This way you will get a long rectangular piece of bread good enough to roll
4) Now in a bowl, mix the grated carrot with tomato sauce.
5) In another bowl, mix the grated cucumber (squeeze between palms to remove excess water) with mayo and cheese. Add salt and pepper
6) Now spread a thin layer of the carrot filling and gently pat it down using the back of the spoon.
Spread only on half of the bread (1 slice)
7) On remaining slice, spread the cucumber filling and repeat.
8) Start rolling from one end, start with carrot filling as it has less water content. Finish rolling and seal the end with some water rubbed on the edge.
9) Cut in two halves and wrap in foil papers at one end if you plan to carry for road.