Chorizo is so commonly used in Spanish and Portuguese cuisines that one can feel deprived of so many good recipes if they do not eat meat the kind of meat that is used to make the chorizo. But like all things in modern world we are able to find a substitute recipe. While chorizos are made in sausage factories the vegetarians have to depend on their own kitchen to make one...
1 cup soaked and boiled Kidney Beans
1 cup Soy Chunks Boiled and squeezed
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tspn paprika
1 tspn coriander and cumin powder
salt to taste
black pepper powder
2 tspn lemon juice
1) Grind the cooked kidney beans , cooked soy chunks to make a fine paste.
2) Add the wheat flour. and all other ingredients to make a pliable mushy looking paste.
3) Roll out the dough into sausage like shape
4) Steam this using a steamer, Grease the base of the steamer plate
5) Once cooled, grill this sausages.
Use directly to stuff your rolls or to use them in your soups and salads
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44