I love the Teriyaki sauce with chicken whenever I have had it outside. I always wanted to recreate it for my family the vegetarian version. But since I rarely eat meat these days this sort of went on the backburner..
As part of the BM run I decided to make it with paneer...i think DH is also hooked to it now..
2 cups of paneer sticks
1 tbsp cooked sticky rice, soaked in water (use regular rice)
1 cup Soy Sauce
3 tspn granulated sugar
1/2 cup rice vinegar/ white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
2 to 3 cloves of crushed garlic (optional)
1 tspn sesame seeds toasted
1) Mix the soaked rice, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar in pan
2) Let it simmer for 5 min or until sugar is dissolved.
3) Add the paneer pieces and let it reduce until the sauce starts coating the paneer
4) Add the salt, pepper , garlic and saute
5) Add the toasted sesame seeds on top
Serve hot with white rice, inside wraps or as side dish with noodles.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44