While the sauce is plain and simple, it is pretty spicy and hot. You can reduce the black pepper but the sauce is all about it.
The same gravy slightly thicker is used for crabs in Singapore. I replaced with my choice of vegetables. If you wish to try with crabs, cook the crabs like you would do and add to the gravy.
2 cups vegetables (brocolli, carrots, cauliflower, capsicum)
1 cup paneer tossed on a pan
1 spring onion
1 tbsp black pepper slightly crushed
1 tspn crushed garlic
2 tspn soy sauce
1 tspn vinegar
1 tspn oyster sauce (optional i did not use)
1 tspn sugar
1 tspn salt
1 tspn corn starch mixed in water
Oil to cook
fresh coriander to garnish (if you like)
1) Heat a pan, add some oil, keep the flame high. Add the garlic, onions with greens and saute.
2) Add the vegetables and saute again. Next add the paneer cubes.
3) Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and saute again.
4) Add a few cups of water. salt and let it boil.
5) Add the corn flour and cover for few minutes
6) When done, serve with rice or noodles.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44