Malaysian style vegetable curry is basically a chicken curry that was substituted with vegetables and there is no change of flavor , it is equally worth trying
2 small onions finely chopped
1 tspn garlic paste
1 tspn ginger paste/ use galangal if available
1 stick of lemon grass white only- ground to paste
1 lemon juice
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups mixed vegetables (potato, carrot, pumpkin, egg plant)
1 tspn red chilly paste / powder
1 tspn coriander cumin powder
1 tspn palm sugar/jaggery
1 sprig of curry leaves
Oil 1 tbsp
salt to taste
1) In a pan, heat oil, add the curry leaves, onions and saute.
2) Add the vegetables and saute for a minute
3) Add the ginger garlic lemon grass paste next and saute.
4) Add the red chilly paste, turmeric, coriander cumin seed powder,salt and 1 cup of water.
5) Cover and let it cook until the vegetables have cooked.
6) Add the coconut milk, jaggery , salt and let it simmer.
7) Add the lemon juice and stir gently and take off flame. Take care not to over stir else the coconut milk may curdle.
Serve hot with noodles. rice or roti jala
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44