BM # 44 Next Halt at Western Australia
Waagin Post Office is one such city that met my need for the criteria for BM # 44...I hope you folks are following our month long mega marathon that takes you around the world in 30 days..
I picked Australia, as I had a sub-criteria of covering the places I have visited. In Australia, I had the chance to visit Sydney, Canberra and Perth for few days.
2 cups All Purpose Flour / Maida
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 tspn Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup Milk
For Chocolate coating
2 cups Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
3 tbsp Soft Butter
1/2 cup Milk
1) In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder and keep aside.
2) In another large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until it is creamy and fluffy
3) Now add one egg at a time and continue to beat the mixture. Add the vanilla essence and mix again
4) Now slowly add half of the flour mixture gradually mixing with the spatula.
5) Add milk and continue mixing to make a runny batter, if it feels drier like a thick cake batter, add couple of more tspn of milk
6) Now add rest of the flour mixture and mix it to make a pourable consistency cake batter
7) Grease a square tin with butter and dust with flour. Preheat the oven at 180c for atleast 10 min
8) Pour the batter in the tin and bake for 30 min. Check the centre using a spaghetti or tooth pick. If it comes out clean, remove. Cut small squares of 2 inch size. Let it cool down completely- atleast 24 hours outside or 3-4 hours in refrigerator
9) Prepare the chocolate coating by mixing the milk and butter in a bowl. Set it on a double boiler
10) When the butter has melted, gradually add the cocoa powder and icing sugar and mix until it starts coating the back of the spoon
11) Let it cool down complete,y
12) Dip the cake in the icing and let it stand on a wired rack till the coating sets in.
You may now add the toppings of your choice
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44