All spice is an important ingredient in the Jerk spice mix and this one spice eluded me for long until I decided I had to make the jerk spiced chicken..err paneer for my family..
I loved the taste even when DH had the standard look on his face while eating it - sometimes he eats new dishes as if he eats them daily, when I prod about taste or some feedback , he will say "yes nice, but nothing unusual". I dont always believe those words because these words pop out whenever he is distracted either due to work or some sports event on TV..anyway...let me not digress any further ...let us go back to the beautiful carribean islands
200 gm fresh paneer / chicken
1 sprig green onions finely chopped
2 tspn ginger paste
2 tspn garlic paste
2 red chillies (smaller thicker one's scotch bonnet)
1 tspn dried thyme
1 tspn soy sauce
1 tspn brown sugar
1 tspn all spice powder
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
salt to taste
1) Cut the paneer pieces in about 3-4 inches in length and 1/2 inch in width.
2) Add all the ingredients except oil and mix it well
3) Place the paneer pieces in it and let it sit for 30 min
4) You can grill these or barbeque if you have it. I have grilled them in a hot oven - I have rotiserrie option so I used that in my oven.
5) Brush it with oil at regular intervals.
Serve this hot with masala green peas jamaican rice.
To serve a complete carribean meal visit here