French desserts are to be eaten by eyes first and then enjoyed for its taste.. The cherry clafouti is one such simple sweet that I loved to serve.
1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
1 cup milk
1/4 cup full fat milk cream
3 large eggs/ 2 tbsp custard powder
1/2 cup apf/ maida
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tbsp icing sugar for garnishing
few fresh cherries with stem for garnishing
1) Prepare your ramekin by greasing it with butter and then dusting some flour on it. Set them aside
2) In a pan, combine the milk and cream and bring it to a boil and lower the flame. In a bowl, combine eggs, flour, sugar and vanilla extract .
3) Add this mixture gradually to milk and whisk it to ensure there are no lumps. Keep mixing it to cook until it is thick enough and coats the back of the spoon
4) Place the chopped cherries in the ramekins. Pour the custard mixture on top almost 3/4 of the container size
5) Bake the clafouti in preheated oven for 20 to 25 min at around 180 C.
) Remove and cool it down, using a palette loosen the edges and place on a dish. Dust with icing sugar and cherry on top
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44