I learnt about this recipe on a food channel and also saw it on few blogs that I follow regularly, I had to try it.
I have made a spicier version coz I believe that is how my family prefers it.
You can avoid all the spices and yet it will taste good
2 large plantains
1 tspn paprika
1 tspn turmeric
1 pinch garam masala
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
1) Peel the plantains and chop them in thick roundels. Place them in salt water to avoid coloring
2) Heat the oil on low medium.
3) Pat dry the plantains and sprinkle them with the spices and salt.
4) Drop them in the hot oil. Remove when they are cooked through.
5) Using a paper towel smash them between your palms or on chopping board to flatten them. Return to the hot oil and fry them again.
To serve a complete carribean meal visit here
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44