The Belgian waffles are now so popular that they are served around the world as one of the most popular breakfast for kids. My son is particularly fond of pancakes off late so I decided to try this recipe for his sake to give him that novelty. He wants to stick to pancakes for now but I would pass it off to his being a taurian who are faithful to one type of food for ages...
1 cup all purpose floor
1 tspn corn flour
1 tspn baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tspn vanilla essence
Oil to brush the grill
1) In a bowl add the egg and sugar.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients one by one and blend it well
3) The batter should be cake like thick yet of dropping consistency
4) Heat the toaster with grilling plate and then brush it with oil. Pour the batter thick enough to touch both the side of toaster. If you bar the batter using a spatula on one side it will not spread out thing and hold its shape if the grill plate is warm enough5) Flip over the side to alternate the pattern this will form square ridges as expected on the waffle. Brush with some oil if required.
6) You will notice the ridges formed. You can toast it to your liking.
Serve warm with honey, maple syrup and choice of fruits. You can also top it with whipped cream.
I served them with belgian frites and hot chocolate.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44